Job Title: Operation Manager
Main Purpose of Job: is mainly to implement the right processes and practices across the organization. The specific duties of an Operations Manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance.
Responsible to: Directors
Responsible for: Site Managers, Marquee Supervisors, Crew
Main Tasks of Job:
- 1st point of contact for the build team
- Overseeing the day to day planning
- An effective manager of people with excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop the team.
- Running the rota
- Planning for builds and take down
- Putting together the picking list
- Responsible for delivering five-star customer service to achieve the businesses financial objectives, and a key stakeholder in identifying opportunities to further development
- Ensure that labour resources are used effectively and in a way that maximises the productivity of the business, correcting unproductive activities.
- Maintaining accurate and effective Standard Operating Procedures
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Puting the packs together for the team
- Induction & Training
- looking at ways to put strategy and improve the business operation
- Site Visits
- Running the teams google diary
- Require to be on some builds and takedowns
- To take operational leadership and budget responsibility for managing a safe and efficient operation to help achieve operational standards
- Lead the team to deliver the company’s objectives
- Overall HR responsibility
- Conduct daily briefings keeping the health & safety files up to date. Ensure that all members of the team are wearing the correct uniform and PPE. Provide first aid facilities, ensuring there is a first aid area (kept clear), first aid stocks/facilities are available.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
- Substantial experience of the Marquee industry, including site and staff management
- Communicate effectively at all times with the client representing All About ME marquees and events with professionalism, integrity and honesty
- Knowledge and understanding of all the trades required on site, the codes of practice relating to them and the requirements for them, to be able to quality control works ensuring that they are completed to the required standards
- Understanding and able to apply health and safety and security requirements
- Commercial approach, identifies cost savings, understands budget issues
Qualities / Key Performance Areas
- People management skills, to be able to instruct staff, deal with difficult staffing situations and maintain a productive, happy but disciplined working environment
- Pro-active good at planning ahead as far as possible as the project progresses, checking back to plans regularly
- Strong sense of achievement; able to drive projects forward, expects good standards of work, tenacious, and able to overcome barriers/ solve problems
- Organised, good at time management and prioritisation of work
- Good eye for detail, e.g. for seeing small points in plans, checking work quality
- Reliable, punctual and responsible
- Excellent communicator
- Good team player
- Able to work calmly under pressure to tight deadlines
This is not a typical 9-5 job. Early starts and long days are the norm during peak season. Availability to work weekends is an integral part of the job. There is a possibility of overnight stays, for which accommodation will be provided.
We are always on the lookout for hard working, outgoing staff that can work as part of a dynamic team.
Please send over a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org